Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kavita Kaur And Her Really Cool Parents


This story came out sometime in the mid of 2008. Believe it or not, it took me close to three months to get an interview from Kavita Kaur. Standard reply. She was busy. Oh well, if I was as beautiful and successful as she was, I'd be very busy too.

The story was angled for father's day and the questions would veer towards what she was going to get her dad etc. etc. Here, I was really touched by Datuk Dr. Joginder Singh's answers.

One father's day, Kavita had bought the radiologist a Rolex and instead of parading around in it, he went and kept it in safe deposit box! He even chided her for wasting money.

“Of course, I appreciate it when the children want to show their gratitude. But this can be done on any other day, not just Father’s Day,” says the elder Sidhu pragmatically.

Kavita is so lucky to have parents who are willing to give her support. They are the loveliest people ever. From the snippets of conversation, I learned that it was they who helped her to buy her first apartment.

And they were so proud of her...

"My daughter is self made," declared Joginder and one could sense the pride in his voice.

When my sons grow up, this is what I want them to feel. I want them to know that their mum is proud of them and that she loves them more than life.

1 comment:

R. Prem Kumar said...

Kavita, was raised to live a life on her own terms of reality. Parents derive happiness when they see an offspring make use of those principles. I'm sure your offspring make you similarly proud.