Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mika, The Little Nawab.


Here is Mika with me on assignment at Kabab and Qaurma, a Northen Indian restaurant in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. How handsome he looks in this picture!

I have been taking Mika with me on assignments when he was barely one.And no, it had nothing to do with not having help. I just wanted him to be with me.Of course, he doesn't behave well at all...For this assignment, he fell asleep in the car on the way there, woke up with a grumpy disposition and did not present a good first impression at all. Tut! Tut!

But you'd be surprised at how kind and tolerant people can be when it comes to children. Many, many times, I have been touched by complete strangers who have gone to great lengths to please and entertain my son.

At Kabab and Qaurma, the manager, Ravie Naidu, immediately showed me where to place a groggy Mika. And because he was crying because his nap was interrupted, Shobair, the director, fussed over Mika as if he was his own son. And I think for that afternoon, the entire team of service staff was mobilised to take my son on a private tour, the most interesting point of focus being the fish tank.

For taking care of my son, for letting him experience the milk of human kindness and understanding,my gratefulness is eternal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you like the food.
Thank You.
Regards,
RAVIE NAIDU